strawberry pie

Sunday, October 02, 2005

global festa Japan 2005

Last saturday, I went to the Global Festa Japan 2005 @ Hibiya. The subtitle of this event was, from "know" to "act" -a challenge to the millenium development goal-. At that event, there were lots of NGOs and international organizations such as; UNESCO, UNDP, UNHCR, JICA, JBIC, Save the Children etc. It was very interesting to listen to what they were doing.
I am most interested in development and education. At this event, I had an opportunity to talk to a woman who was in a group making schools in Mozambique. She told me the importance of primary education and also university education. The students who goes to a university in a country like Mozambique are people promised to be president and other high rank officials. She told me it is neccesary to give aid to them because there are only few universities in the country and the fees + the dormitory and living money is a big burden for them. Their families are too poor to spend any money for them anymore and they have to quit school because they have no money.
I had a great time at the Festa and I was glad I was able to go there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home